Digital Marketing is not just about acquiring a customer it’s more than that. With Marketing Automation and advanced software & tools, the line between marketing and customer service has been blurred. Now marketers are also expected to retain customers, breed loyalty and make them spread the word of mouth.
A customer generally goes through the following 7 stages in the digital marketing lifecycle.
• Requirement – When a customer feels the requirement of a particular thing then he will purchase it. Someone has rightly said “Necessity is the mother of invention” A product/service based on the needs of the customer does well in the market. So the first step of the marketing is to understand the requirements of your targeted audiences and how can you fulfill those requirements.
• Awareness/Research – To fulfill his needs a customer would look for a product/service. He will do online research, read review & recommendation and ask for advice from his family and friends. Therefore information about your product/service should be easily available across all marketing platforms.
• Comparison – A customer makes a comparison between products of different companies on the basis of quality, price, brand name, durability etc. While making comparison he ponders over his budget and needs.
• Selection/Purchase- finally the customer selects the product of a company which fulfills his needs. His selection is based on the careful study and research of the product.
• Experience/Satisfaction- When the customer starts using the product/service a company, only then he will come to know about the quality of the service or product.
• Retention & loyalty- If the customer is satisfied with the product/service of the company he will continue using it otherwise he will file a complaint with the customer service center. The representatives of the company will try to resolve his problem and retain the customer.
• Word of mouth/Raving Fan- Satisfied customers do word of mouth publicity of the brand they are using. They ultimately become a fan of the company. It will benefit the company in form of increased sales and better market reputation
All these steps are very critical from business and customer point of view. Once customer has put his faith in a brand, it’s the responsibility of the company to maintain the faith by providing quality services and resolving issues.
Subscribe to Digital Marketing Blog - Trootrac Official
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Digital Marketing Blog - Trootrac Official. Subscribe below.