Google processes over 45,000 queries every second across the world. It works like an answer machine providing information on almost everything. Google accounts of 68% of web searches around the world. Getting on the first page of Google search and especially in top five is the dream of every website owner as it means massive traffic which leads to huge revenue. Though it is not an easy task yet it can be achieved by following Google webmaster guidelines and applying best practices of SEO.
You need to understand on what parameters Google Ranks websites. There are 200 factors involved in the ranking of a website which Google never reveals and keeps changing frequently; however it gives some hints by which one can improve the ranking of a website. While fetching search results Google considers three things relevancy, popularity and high quality content. Working on below given things helps.
Domain Age– Older websites gets some edge over newer ones in Google Ranking
Use of Keywords – Keywords used in domain name, URL, title, and description make the website appear in the search engines quite often with good position.
Keyword Density – It is a ratio of keyword used in total number of words in a piece of content. Overuse of a keyword can make you appear a spam. Google recommends 1-2 % of Keyword density.
Page Loading Speed –it is an important factor in ranking further speedy loading sites adds to good customer experience.
Content Quality –Search engines like quality content, duplicate or identical content can hamper the visibility of your site.
Fresh content –If you keep your site updated with fresh content on regular interval, ranking of your site will surely improve.
Rich Media Content –Image, videos and other multimedia content not only attract traffic but also send a quality content signal to search engines.
Mobile Optimization – A mobile friendly site gets good ranking and traffic on search engines as most of the people now access internet from their smart phones.
Backlinks –Links which direct a person to a particular site is called Backlinks. Numbers of Backlinks shows the popularity of a website resulting more traffic and visibility.
Social Media Optimization – Promoting your stuff on social media is very important. Major social channels are Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus; they can increase the traffic of your website drastically. Social Media also helps in gaining more visibility in search engines.
Major objective of marketing is to increase the sales of a company. Every company does marketing & promotion and set big goals not all of them become successful. So the question is what digital marketing strategies boost sales and make a company stand out in the crowd.
First step is to create a good website with quality content and information, promote it across internet, drive huge relevant traffic to your website and convert the traffic in to sales. However it is not an easy task especially converting visitors in to customers yet there are several ways by which you can improve the conversion rate of your website.
1) Use hastags in your social media posts, it will differentiate you from others. You will get relevant visitors and potential customers. For example if you use #ChristmasSale, shoppers will definitely visit your post and eventually sales will increase.
2) A sense of urgency often drives good numbers. Run special offers & discounts for a limited period of time. It will benefit you multiple ways; first traffic of your website will go up, improving the overall performance and ranking of your site. Second it will naturally boost your sales numbers and the last thing word of mouth publicity through your buyers.
3) Promotional contests on social media cast strong impact on business. Though it cost some money but the benefit is huge. For example you can offer some percentage of your profit to a person who recommends your product.
4) Collect contact details (Email id, Mobile number) of your customers and target audience and keep in touch with them through updates, newsletters, latest offers, etc. Make sure than you have obtained permission of your customers before sending these stuff. News letter should contain useful information otherwise people will unsubscribe it.
5) Content marketing is big help in engaging existing customers and gaining new ones. Content needs be really good to get success in the content marketing.
6) Internet users generally use search engines and online directories for information and product & services so being on the top page of search engines increase traffic and sales of a company. Search Engine Optimization(SEO) is a must do thing for every website owner. Make sure that your website has good ranking on keywords related to your product and industry.
7) Pay per Click Ads is most targeted and result oriented ads. It will get you potential customers through keyword search. Its great way of generating sales.
8) Referral Marketing is another way of boosting your sales. You can offer some rewards on sales as a commission to shopkeepers, merchants, etc. They will work like your employee and help you reach the goal.